Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Issue #85: Free Comc Book Day 2010 Grab Bag!

I got out of bed earlier than I usually do on a Saturday morning to get to my local comic book store as soon as I could. I wanted to make sure I got the Free Comic Book Day titles that most interested me. Not only did I go to my local comic book store, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida http://acme-superstore.com/, but I also visited two other comic shops: Comics Central at 1425 Wp Ball Blvd, Sanford, FL 32771, phone number (407) 321-5111, and Coliseum of Comics' Sanford Mall location http://coliseumofcomics.com/.

In my Preview Issue #5, I listed the Free Comic Book Day titles that interested me. Two that I had on that list which I did not get a copy of were the Library Of Amaerican Comics #0 (IDW) and The Sixth Gun #1 (Oni Press). Library was not available at the comic shops I visited. The Sixth Gun was available only at Acme Comics, but I picked other titles which I will list shortly. I also bought a few cheap comics as well, which I will list after the FCBD titles.

Acme Comics
FCBD:
War Of The Supermen #0 (DC)
Mouse Guard / Fraggle Rock (Archaia)
Doctor Solar: Man Of The Atom / Magnus: Robot Fighter (Dark Horse)

I also bought Ex Machina #1 (Wildstorm/DC) for $1.00. It was a reprint under the banner What's Next? Great Graphic Novels You Should Be Reading. I have heard nothing but great things about this title but hadn't been able to squeeze it into my comic book budget. I couldn't pass up this issue.

Comics Central:
FCBD:
Irredeemable / Incorruptible (BOOM! Studios)
Iron Man / Thor (Marvel)
Green Hornet (Dynamite Entertainment)

5 for $1.00 comic book titles:
Lois Lane #1 (of 2) August 1986 (DC)
The Original Dick Tracy #1 September 1990 (Gladstone)
Big Bang Comics October 1994 (Caliber Press)
Magnus: Robot Fighter & Nexus #1 (of 2) March (or December) 1993 Valiant / Dark Horse
Magnus: Robot Fighter #27 August 1993 (Valiant)

Coliseum Of Comics Sanford Towne Mall location
FCBD:
Love And Capes (Maerkle Press)
The Avengers (Marvel)
Atomic Robo (Red 5 Comics)

from the back issue bins:
Action Comics #808 December 2003 (DC)

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews