Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 22, 2010

From The Comics Shop Issue #1: Saturday, May 22, 2010:

As a way to keep this blog more active, I decided to begin this feature, where I post what I actually got at my local comic shop, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida http://acme-superstore.com. After lunch today I drove there. It's been a busy month, so to keep within my budget I wasn't been able to get everything I'd ordered by last payday. Unfortunately this payday was no different. I've checked the publishing schedule, and by next payday, not for another two weeks sadly, I will be able to empty my file and remain a good customer. I usually don't have this problem, and this rarely happens. Here is what I got, and what I had to leave behind:

From the week of Wednesday, May 5, 2010:

Superman: War Of The Supermen #1 (of 4) (DC)
left in my file:
Terry Moore's Echo #21 (Abstract Studios)

From the week of Wednesday, May 12, 2010:

Adventure Comics #11/514 (Last Stand Of New Krypton #43) (DC)
Superman: War Of The Supermen #2 (of 4) (DC)

From the week of Wednesday, May 19, 2010:

Superman: War Of The Supermen #3 (of 4) (DC)
left in my file:
The Legion Of Super-Heroes #1 (DC)
DC Universe: Legacies #1 (of 10) (DC)

Boy, it really hurt to leave the new Legion title behind. My favorite part of the World Against Superman storyline has been the Legion's involvement from the future. Plus, it hasn't seemed natural without a regular Legion title every month. A co-feature in Adventure Comics just doesn't cut it. Plus I'm looking forward to reading Legacies. It wouldn't surprise me if DC didn't ret-con its history to fit their future storylines, but it's going to be fun reading a story involving their golden age heroes, starting with The Crimson Avenger. It's going to be a long two weeks until then.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews