Facebook Badge

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Preview #50: Comic Book For The Week of September 7, 2011:

Action Comics #1 (DC)

Well, I can finally say that I can afford to buy a mint copy of Action Comics #1. I'm looking forward to Sueprman getting a fresh start, after about a year of less than fantastic stories. And with Grant Morrison writing this series, I hope that he does as good of a job as he did on All-Star Superman, and not the almost incomprehensible Superman Beyond, the two issue Final Crisis tie-in (even though I did enjoy it).

This is going to be an interesting time to be a comic book fan in general, and a Sueprman fan in particular. I don't know what to expect, which makes me look forward to reading Superman comic books in a way I haven't felt in too long.

My hope is that the relaunched DC Comics, and Sueprman in particular, can reach a new generation, as the Man of Steel has done for the past seven decades. While I am happy with what has become the traditional Superman costume, I'm okay with the new, redesigned Superman costume. I agree with the thought I've heard other comic book podcasters express, that every generation has a right to their version of super heroes, and Superman in particular. Maybe this relaunch can present super heroes in a way that appeals to this modern, younger generation.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews