Facebook Badge

Saturday, September 10, 2011

From The Comic Shop #39: Saturday, September 10, 2011:

Invincible #82 (Skybound/Image)
Action Comics #1 (DC)

Each week, after I return home with the titles I bought from my local comic book shop, Acme Comics, I arrange that week's titles in ascending order of my favorite titles, saving my favorite title of the week for last. Sadly for a Superman fan like myself, it's been a while since I've placed a Superman title at the bottom of the stack, especially on week's I've bought Invincible. This week, I'm saving Action Comics #1 for last. I've kept from most of the internet coverage and speculation about the relaunched Man of Steel, wanting to read this new #1 issue of Action without the distractions of preconceptions influenced from anything I've read about it. I did read a little bit about this first storyline by writer Grant Morrison, and saw the cover art online. It piqued my interest, with what I'll call the "Jethro" Superman look, with a short sleeved Superman t-shirt, short cape, blue jeans and work shoes.(Jethro was a character in The Beverly Hillbillies TV show from the 1960's.)

Another think that intrigues me about this new Superman relaunch is the fact that I don't know what to expect. thanks to the less than stellar Grounded and Lex Luthor stories in the Superman titles, I'm looking forward to this relaunch, where the Man of Steel is concerned, more than I otherwise would have. I'm going into this DC relaunch with an open mind. If I decide I don't like the Superman titles, as much as I would hate to, I'll drop them and pick something else to read. It won't drive me out of reading comic books. I like the art form too much, and I'll just try out other titles that have interested me but I haven't been able to fit into my budget.

I hope this next year of reading Superman comic books is more interesting than this year has been.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews