Facebook Badge

Saturday, September 24, 2011

From The Comic Shop #40: Saturday, September 24, 2011:

From the week of Wednesday, August 24, 2011:

Flashpoint: Project Superman #3 (OF 3) (DC) (originally published August 24, 2011.)

I missed this issue when it was published exactly a month ago today. The fine staff of Acme Comics were able to find a copy of this final issue. I enjoyed the first two issues of this Flashpoint tie-in mini-series, and would have hated to miss the conclusion. This was the only Flashpoint series I read, but in retrospect, I would have checked out more, if not all, of the Flashpoint event titles. I grew up on DC's Imaginary Stories with Superman, and Flashpoint seems like it was right up that alley. Unfortunately, my budget wouldn't have been able to handle it. So, I'll just have to settle for this title.

From last week, Wednesday, September 14, 2011:

Legion Lost #1 (DC)

All I know about this title is that some members of the Legion of Super-Heroes get stuck in the past in "our" time. Since the Legion is my second favorite DC title after Superman, I have to check it out. I would be very surprised and disappointed if I don't like it.

This week I got two titles, Legion Of Super-Heroes #1, and Fables #109, both published bu DC.

Of all of DC's relaunches, Legion is supposed to be one of the titles least affected by the relaunch. Superman has been one of the characters who has been most affected by this relaunch, at least in Action Comics. Paul Levitz remains as the writer of this title. Based on his track record since he once again took over the writing chores of Legion, I feel the most confidence that the quality of stories will remain high after DC's relaunch.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews