Facebook Badge

Thursday, September 29, 2011

From The Comic Shop #41: Wednesday, September 28, 2011:

All-Star Western  #1 (DC)

I had to drop the previous Jonah Hex series, written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray, and drawn by various guest artists, because of budgetary reasons. I now have a little room for another title in my comic book buying budget, so I made sure not to miss this opportunity to read Palmiotti's and Gray's Jonah Hex stories again. If I enjoy the issue (which I expect to) I will be adding this title to my pull list.

Superman #1 (DC)

This title has been uneven in recent years, especially for the past 12 issues or so. I'm hoping that DC can get my enthused about new Superman stories again, something that hasn't been the case this year, sadly. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Rachel Rising #2 (Abstract Studios)

I have no doubts about this title. I've read the last dozen issues of Terry Moore's Strangers In Paradise and all of his just concluded Echo series, and there hasn't been a bad issue in the bunch. Each issue has had good characterization and development, strong plots and great art, especially a realistic portrayal of women. The first issue of this new series was no different. I will always make room for a Terry Moore comic book in my comic book buying budget.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews