Facebook Badge

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Preview #27: Comic Books For The Week Of Wednesday, December 15, 2010:

Superman #706 (DC)
Next Men #1 (IDW)

I'll be hitting Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida on Saturday to pick up my titles, probably after my wife and I take our daughter to lunch. She turns 19 tomorrow. Time flies! We finally reach the halfway point of Superman's walk across America. I wish he would pick up the pace. While some of the later issues have been pretty good, this whole storyline leaves me cold. Forest Gump did it better. I'm adding a new title to my pull list. Next Men was John Byrne's creator owned title, originally published by Dark Horse Comics in the 1990's. It was a realistic look at how super powers would affect human physiology, with a large dose of suspense and intrigue. Byrne ended the series after the 30th issue. That was around the collapse of the comic book industry mid-decade. He stated in the back of the last issue that he would bring the title back when he felt the time was right. That time has finally arrived. After some fine work at IDW on their Star Trek titles, they will publish the next installment of the Next Men. I can't wait.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews