Facebook Badge

Saturday, November 6, 2010

From The Comic Shop #14: Saturday, November 6, 2010:

I have been to my local comic shop, Acme Comics, the last couple of weeks, but have fallen behind on this blog. I will catch up on my reviews soon. For now here's what I got today.

From last week, Wednesday, October 27, 2010:

Action Comics #894 (DC)

I have not read much of the Sandman series, but I'm looking forward to reading about Lex Luthor's encounter with Death, from the same series.

Superman #704 (DC)

I'm intrigued by this "what-if" story featuring Lois. I've been pleasantly surprised by the last few issues, but I can't wait until Superman "flies" again. The basic premise of this whole storyline just doesn't work for me.

From this week I bought the following:

Adventure Comics #520 (DC)

The cover alone has me looking forward to reading this issue. One of the hallmarks of classic Legion stories is that once in a while a Legionnaire would lose his life in the line of duty. An old time Legion fan like me knows who that first death was, but I'm anxious to read this modern look at a classic story.

Invincible #75 (Image)

This over sized hallmark issue promises to pack a big punch as the Viltrumite War storyline should have some big plot developments in this landmark issue. Robert Kirkman and crew never disappoint me with this title.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews