Facebook Badge

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Preview #26: Comic Books For The Week Of Wednesday, November 17, 2010:

Superman #705 (DC)

It's harder to hold any more enthusiasm for this storyline than what I was barely able to muster before, since J. Michael Straczynski jumped ship to concentrate on the sequel to Superman: Earth One, the graphic novel. Dan Didio seems to be hailing it as the "good" Superman, or else I'm reading too much into his comments. The graphic novel may be good, and I'm not knocking it sight unseen, since I really can't afford to buy it. It just seems that the powers that be at DC Comics are treating their flagship character as if he's on his deathbed. Maybe it's the ongoing lawsuit. I don;t know. It does seem that the top DC Comics management is in love with two characters, Green Lantern and Batman. After 75 years, it's hard to come up with an original idea. It shouldn't be hard to come up with a good story, While recent issues have been enjoyable, the reasons for Superman's walk across America just don't add up for me. Superman can't walk too fast for me to get this trip overwith.

Legion Of Super-Heroes #7 (DC)

On a brighter note, this has been the more enjoyable DC title that I'm reading. It is Superman related, since he is the Legion's inspiration.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.
Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews