Facebook Badge

Saturday, November 20, 2010

From The Comic Shop #15: Saturday November 20, 2010:

Superman #705 (DC) So far, I've liked recent issues, but they haven't changed my lack of enthusiasm for the reasons behind Superman's walk across America. Forrest Gump did it better. No matter how much I enjoy the story, I'm left with the same feeling,; walk faster, Superman, and get this thing over.

Legion Of Super-Heroes #7 (DC) This new Legion series has been more enjoyable. I have to say I prefer Paul Levitz's writing over J. Michael Straczynski.

From the Back Issue Bins:

Action Comics #762, February 2000 (DC)

I've decided to begin filling in the hole in my Superman comic book collection which extends from 2000 to 2003-4. I started today with this issue of Action Comics. I stopped collecting for a few years when there was no longer a local comic book shop where I live. For a while I went to Acme Comics, but I took what I later discovered was the long way, and decided it was too far to drive. I started collecting again when a new comic shop opened nearby. It has since went out of business, and I found a shorter route to Acme, so now it is my local shop. Even if a new shop opens near me, I don't think I will switch. Acme has been in business for 30 years, through all of the booms and busts of the comic book industry. I know it won't be going anywhere.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews