Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 28, 2011

From The Comic Shop #30: Saturday, May 28, 2011:

I had a few weeks worth of comic book to catch up on. I haven't been to my local comic book shop, Acme Comics, in Longwood Florida, since Free Comic Book Day. So, I'll list them here in reading order, with the title I'm looking forward to reading the most listed last:

Superman #711 (DC)
While Superman is my favorite comic book character, the current Grounded storyline has been one of my least favorite plots. But Chris Robeson's writing has made recent issues better than Straczynski's original run which began this story.

Action Comics#901 (DC)
The Man of Steel finally makes his return to his original title after an almost two year absence. How DC Editorial has been handling Superman lately has left me with a wait and see attitude for the new Reign Of The Doomsdays story.

Legion Of Super-Heroes #13 (DC)
This title has been my favorite regular DC Comics title. I prefer its stories over the recent Superman stories, sad to say. But the Legion is my second favorite group of characters, after the Man of Steel. So it is one of those titles I'll always read. And Paul Levitz has continued to show that he hasn't lost his storytelling ability.

Cinderella: Fables Are Forever #4 (of 6) (Vertigo/DC)
I missed the original Cinderella  mini-series, sad to say. I'm enjoying this spin off as much as Fables itself.

Fables #105 (Vertigo/DC)
I'm looking forward to this issue. The cover looks very ominous, as the Fables are safe, temporarily, in their refuge.

John Byrne's Next Men #6 (IDW)
John Byrne continues to show, like Paul Levitz, that he is as good of a writer, and artist, as he ever was. With each issue Byrne develops an interesting story with plenty of plot twists. This series is as good as the original Next Men series from the 1990's.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews