Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 7, 2011

From The Comic Shop #29: Saturday, May 7, 2011 & Free Comic Book Day:

Adventure Comics #526 (DC)

For Free Comic Book Day I attended three comic book shops, my regular store, Acme Comics, Comics Central, 1425 WP Ball Boulevard, Sanford, FL and Coliseum of Comics in the Seminole Towne Center Mall. Each store had a three FCBD per person limit, so I got nine FCBD titles:


Mouse Guard / The Dark Crystal (Archaia)


2000 AD (Rebellion)


Civil War Adventure (History Graphics Press)


Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Predators / Top 10 Deadliest Sharks (Zenescope Entertainment)


Atomic Robo (Red 5 Comics)


Baltimore / Criminal Macabre (Dark Horse Comics)


Bongo Comics Free-For-All (Bongo Comics)


The Tick (New England Comics)


Super Dinosaur (Skybound/Image)


I also bought a number of cheap back issues. I didn't want to walk out of a comic book shop without buying something from the store.


The Nightly News #1 (Image Firsts $1.00)


Superman #158 (Triangle # 2000:26) (DC)


Action Comics #796 (DC)


DC Comics Presents #56 Superman & Power Girl (DC)


Noble Causes: Family Secrets #1 (Image)


Dynamo 5  #'s 0, 3 & 22 (Image)


Justice League Europe  #29 (DC)


Marvel Mystery Comics (Selections from #'s 8 - 10) (Marvel)


Flaming Carrot Comics #'s 2 - 4 (Desperado/Image)


I've got a lot of good reading to look forward to this week.


I took my sister with me also. Since she has Down's Syndrome I got her children's comics:


Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse By Floyd Gottfredson (Fantagraphics Books)
This was the one which I look forward to reading the most from her comics.


Pep Comics Betty & Veronica (Archie Comics)


Darkwing Duck / Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers (Boom! Studios/Boom Kids!)


Kizoic Kung Fu Panda / Richie Rich (Ape Entertainment)


Rated Free For Everyone (Oni Press)


Sonic The Hedgehog (Archie Comics)


Top Shelf Kids Club 2011 (Top Shelf Productions)


Young Justice / Batman: Brave & The Bold Sampler  (DC)


Star Wars Clone Wars / Avatar: Last Airbender (Dark Horse Comics)


Of course, this doesn't mean that the three comic book stores I plan on visiting will have them all. The three shops I plan on visiting are, starting with my regular comic book store, Acme Comics in Longwood, FloridaComics Central (1425 WP Ball Boulevard, Sanford, FL (407) 321-5111) and Coliseum of Comics at the Sanford Mall.


Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews