Facebook Badge

Sunday, January 16, 2011

From The Comic Shop #19: Friday, January 14, 2011:

This weekend my schedule was turned around a little bit. Saturday my wife and I had a church meeting to go to, then I worked on what is usually my day off. One of my co-workers is a Green Bay Packers fan, so I traded days off so she could enjoy the game. I'm taking Sunday off so I can watch one day of the NFL playoffs (which I am doing as I type this). So I decided to get up a little early Friday morning to go to my local comic book shop, Acme Comics, in Longwood, Florida, before I went to work.

Comic books for the week of Wednesday, January 5, 2011:

Adventure Comics #522 (DC)
The Legion titles really have become some of the best comics I'm reading right now.

Next Men #2 (IDW)
I'm liking what John Byrne is doing with his series which he's bringing back for the first time since it was published by Dark Horse Comics in the 1990's.

Terry Moore's Echo #27 (Abstract Studios)
The anticipation is rising as the series approaches its conclusion in three issues.

Comic book for the week of Wednesday, January 12, 2011:

Superman#707 (DC)
Even though some individual issues of the current Grounded storyline have been good, it has been hard to get excited about this title so far, despite the excellent John Cassaday covers.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews