Facebook Badge

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Preview #20 & From The Comic Shop #9: Comic Books For The Week Of Wednesday, August 18, 2010:

This week, my Wednesday off was a little different. I had some errands to do, so I decided to go to my local comic book store then, instead of waiting until Saturday. Actually, nothing on my pull list was published this week, and normally I wouldn't bother going to my local comic book shop, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida http://acme-superstore.com/. But this week, two $1.00 reprints of first issues were released that caught my interest. I had some extra spending money to spare, so I decided to try them. I've been aware of them, but have not really read them before.

Hellboy #1 (Dark Horse Comics)
Usagi Yojimbo #1 (Dark Horse Comics)

I have read the first Hellboy trade paperback, Hellboy: Seeds Of Destruction, before. but  I couldn't pass up the chance of owning at least one issue of that title. I've also enjoyed listening to several podcast interviews with Usagi Yojimbo creator Stan Sakai, but had never read any issues of his title before. This was a perfect opportunity to familiarize myself with the rabbit samurai.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews