Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 19, 2010

From The Comic Shop Issue #2: Saturday, June 19, 2010:

When I went to my local comic book shop, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida, http://acme-superstore.com, I knew that it would be slim pickings this week. But that was fine, since it's been a heavy few weeks lately, as far as the titles I read.

DC Universe: Legacies #2 (of 10) (DC)

I enjoyed the first issue of this mini-series, which took another look at the golden age of DC superheroes. In reading the solicitations at dccomics.com, I saw that issue #4 would advance to the silver age with the Teen Titans, and future issues would advance closer to current DC continuity. I had thought the whole mini-series would focus more on the golden age. So I've decided that after issue #3, I will drop this title, since August is the same month that Superman: Last Family Of Krypton #1 (of 3) is published. I want to make room in my comic book budget for this Elseworlds title. I've always loved "Imagingary Stories", and Elseworlds has always been a great modern version of those old stories.

The Authority #1 (What's Next? Graphic Novels You Should Be Reading ) (Wildstorm/DC)

While I was at the store, I looked around at the other comics, and toys and collectibles, and I was tempted to get the reprint of the first issue of Jack Of Fables under the same banner. But I decided to hold off until I can begin picking up the regular issues, hopefully later in the year, after the Last Family Of Krypton mini-series is over. I'd like to pick up Fables first, and Jack Of Fables if my budget allows.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews