Facebook Badge

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

From The Comic Shop #37: Saturday, August 13, 2011:

None of the titles I read came out on Wednesday, August 10, but I had to wait until payday this past Friday to go to my comic shop, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida.

Superman #714 (DC)

It feels odd to realize this is the last issue of the old numbering, although I'd be surprised if DC didn't return to the old numbering when this title hits issue #800, or Action Comics hits issue #1,000. I'm just glad we've finally hit the end of the Grounded storyline. This story, pardon the pun, never got off the ground for me, although Chris Roberson raised my interest in it by introducing some neat plot twists in an otherwise uninspiring story.

Adventure Comics #529 (DC)

This issue wraps up the Legion Academy story. I won't be getting this title after the new relaunch, since the Legion isn't involved, but I will be getting the new Legion Lost series.

Rachel Rising #1 (Abstract Studios)

I began reading Strangers In Paradise around issue #74, so I was late for the party. But I've been on board since then. I've yet to read a bad issue done by Terry Moore, and I expect his new series to be as great as SIP and Echo.

Y The Last Man #1 (Vertigo/DC After Watchmen ... What's Next $1.00 reprint)

I've heard of this series, which has ended, but is still available in collected editions.I saw a few of these special $1.00 reprint titles that I hadn't seen on the rack before, so I decided to pick up this one to check it out.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews