Facebook Badge

Friday, July 29, 2011

From The Comic Shop #36: Friday, July 29, 2011:

I'm on vacation from work this week, so I enjoyed going to my local comic book shop, Acme Comics in Longwood, Florida, on a Friday, when I usually have to work.

Action Comics #903 (DC)

I wonder if this issue will make me more excited about the Reign Of The Doomsdays storyline, which will wrap up next month before the September DC relaunch. Maybe it will go from an okay story to a great story. I hope so. There haven't been that many great Superman stories of late

Flashpoint: Project Superman #2 (of 3) (DC)

I'm anxious to learn what was in the rocket that crashed landed in Metropolis in the first issue. The cover of this second issue certainly piques my interest.

Invincible #81 (Skybound/Image)

The most consistently excellent superhero comic book I've read.

Fables #107 (Vertigo/DC)

Terry Moore is guest artist in this issue. As if this title needed another reason for me to want to read this issue.

John Byrne's Next Men #8 (IDW)

Just as good, if not better than the original series in the 1990's so far.

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century: 1969 (Top Shelf Productions)

This is the first League mini-series that I'm picking up as it is originally published. I've anxiously awaited this Century story.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.

Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews