Facebook Badge

Saturday, October 9, 2010

From the Comic Shop #13: Saturday, October 9, 2010:

Star Spangled War Stories Featuring Mademoiselle Marie #1 (One Shot) (DC)

This was released last week, but I missed it on the rack at Acme Comics. Thanks to Marc, he pointed me to the issue when I asked about it. I'm not familiar with this character, but was interested when I heard about this issue. Plus being written by Billy Tucci, a veteran himself, was an attraction as well. I do remember reading a Batman story during the 1970's where Alfred met his daughter from his days as a British Special Forces operative during WWII. When this issue was announced, I was told that the girl's mother was none other than Mademoiselle Marie herself. I wish that I could remember the issue number(s) that Alfred plot occurred in. If any readers know the answer, please let me know. Plus, a Brian Bolland cover is a nice treat, as well.

Terry Moore's Echo #25 (Abstract Studios)

There are only five issues left in this series, and I wonder how Terry Moore will fit the story into these few issues left. I can honestly say that there has not been a disappointing issue yet in this series.

Superman: The Last Family Of Krypton #3 (of 3) (Elseworlds/DC)

I'm looking forward to reading this final issue of the mini-series, written by 1970's and 1980's DC and Superman writer Cary Bates. He has set up what promises to be an action-packed ending.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews