Facebook Badge

Saturday, August 28, 2010

From The Comic Shop #9: Saturday, August 29, 2010!

After several weeks of few or no comics, this was a big day. Not only did I get quite a number of my regular titles, but the staff of my local comic shop, Acme Comics, added two titles that were spin-offs of one of my regular books. Another example of their fine service!

All-New Wolverine Saga (Marvel) A free comic book that summarizes recent Wolverine storylines. I was going to ask for it, just to read what's going on, but it was already put in my bag. I don't read the Wolverine title, or any of Marvel's books other than Powers.

Guarding The Globe #1 (of 6) (Skybound/Image) This is the first issue of a spin-off of the Robert Kirkman version of the Justice League or Avengers, depending on your preference. I won't be picking up the rest of the mini-series for budgetary reasons, but I couldn't resist checking out this particular issue. A Robert Kirkman comic book is never a waste of time. This week marks the first Robert Kirkman titles to boast his creator imprint Skybound with Image, at least of the ones I follow.

Science Dog Special #1 (One Shot Issue) (Skybound/Image) This is a reprint of the back issue stories that appeared in Invincible. Science Dog is Mark Grayson's favorite comic book superhero. It's nice to have those stories conveniently gathered in one issue to read.

The Goon #1 (Dark Horse Comics) This is another of a series of reprints of first issues that many comic book publishers are distributing as a marketing tool to expose their titles to a wider audience. I've taken advantage of a number of them, as posted in this blog. Even though I can't add all of them to my pull list it's fun to expand my comic book horizons.

And now to our regular comic book pull list:

Action Comics #892 (DC) This Lex Luthor storyline is very interesting, but it's sad that DC seems to be featuring everybody other than Superman, who's only solo feature is in his own title.

Legion Of Super-Heroes #4 (DC) I can't wait to read this issue, especially after the reveal on the last page of the previous issue!

Superman: Secret Origins #6 (of 6) (DC) It's been a few months waiting for this issue. I think it will be worth the wait. My favorite issues were #2, with thr re-introduction of the Clark Kent Smallville Superboy, and especially #3, returning Superboy to membership in the 30th Century Legion of Super-Heroes.

Invincible #74 (Skybound/Image) The Viltumite War, as the banner announces on the top of the cover, continues the story that the entire series has been building toward since the very first issue. Which means that there will be a lot of red on the pages. Not for the weak of stomach.

Terry Moore's Echo #24 (Abstract Studios) Terry Moore is building a big head of steam toward the climax of this title. He's quickly bringing all of the plot threads together to what promises to be a very exciting final issue around #30.

Send e-mail to mypulllist@gmail.com.


Superman Fan Podcast can be found at http://supermanfanpodcast.mypodcast.com/. Expanded show notes are available at http://supermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about the podcast to supermanfanpodcast@gmail.com.

You can join both the Superman Fan Podcast and My Pull List groups on facebook. Follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Twitter

Total Pageviews